Why is Compression Recommended During Pregnancy
Compression is often recommend during pregnancy to help energize tired, achy legs, help prevent and reduce swelling and promote better circulation. Great for those who are standing or sitting for long periods of time, gradient compression products help keep legs healthy.
If you are experiencing any of the following, you may benefit from wearing gradient compression:
- •Tired, aching, fatigued legs
- •Swollen feet, ankles, and legs
- •Mild to moderate swelling
- •Stand or sit for long periods
Even if you do not have any of the above conditions, you may still appreciate the benefits of wearing compression because of how great they make your legs look and feel! Patients should always consult their doctor before wearing compression stockings.
*This is only general information and is not meant for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Always consult your physician or other health care provider about all health concerns, conditions, and recommended treatments.
Compression and Pregnancy Questions
- What are the benefits of compression during pregnancy?
- I’m pregnant and traveling. Is compression recommended?
- Will compression hurt my baby?
- Will I need to wear compression after pregnancy (post-partum)?
- Is It Okay to Wear Pantyhose or Tights During Pregnancy?
- What is the Right Amount of Compression for Maternity Support Hose?